Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Day Before



For years I've flirted heavily with vegetarianism, and actually did it several times for extended periods. Tomorrow, I'm going to start a 21 day vegan experiment. In all honesty, I'm not sure I can do it. Admittedly, that is a completely lame thing to say. It's not as though anyone is going to shove meat down my throat. I can choose to not eat meat, right?


Or will my desire for bacon prove to be too much for my willpower?


I have the recipes and supplies in place. This should be easy. Right?


I'll be following the plan presented by the 21 Day Vegan Kickstart. Find it here if you'd like to join me http://www.21daykickstart.org/



3 comments:

  1. You can do it! It is tough at first - especially when you go out to eat or someone offers you food - but you can do it!! Anything you want to eat, you can figure out a vegan alternative. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of Vegan blogs on the net and Vegan is becoming more mainstream. I have been doing it since last November. Most restaurants have vegetarian options and I have dined out at 4 star restaurants where the Chef has been more than happy to modify a dish on the menu. The hardest part for me was giving up Sushi, but Whole Food Markets has wonderful vegetable sushi with whole grain rice and I have made it at home several times. Good Luck! PS - Morningstar Farms has a breakfast strip - not bacon, but close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa is right, almost anything can be modified to come close to the non-vegan food you want. The challenge is the fun part!

    Good luck! You can do it

    ReplyDelete